December 13, 2008

Cyncism

When did it become cool to be cynical about love? To wash it out of the fabric of our being? My relationship isn't easy. Besides that, I doubt anyone who is (or has ever been) in a relationship hasn't reached a rough patch (or something of the sort). There are many, many people around me who fear love. I see it everyday. People who have been hurt, abused and forgotten. I can understand how that may make one cynical towards love but seriously: get a grip.

It's really just an age old case of jealousy.

People who say, "You're going to get bored with him".
People who say, "That's too much sugar for a dime".
People who say, "You're too young. You have your whole life ahead of you to be in a long-term, serious relationship".

No, actually I'm not
No, actually it isn't.
No, actually I'm not. And yes, I know I have my whole life ahead of me and I want to share as much of it as I can with him -- my best friend.

We've being doing this for almost a year now and we do it everyday. And it's not easy, it hurts sometimes -- but we do it because we know it feels worth it.

So this is a nice, big, wet FUCK YOU to all of you who continue to criticize my relationship. To all of you who continue to give me "pep talks" when I don't even ask for them. To all of you who can't stand to see not only me but ANYONE happy if it isn't you.

How about another twelve months then, yeah?

3 comments:

V I V I A N said...

you tell em girl!
you guys are a perfect example of a great relationship.

Carmela said...

well thank you, Viv. i do appreciate that.

Analuisa Rodriguez said...

okay yeah seriously! ah..I've been with Caesar four years and what people don't understand is that it doesnt matter how young you are or how many people you "should" be with in your life...all that matters is that person that makes you feel like you don't need anyone else in the world, I agree..people are just jealous.. hhahaha...they're also jealous cause you're beautiful, smart, funny, are in love and you're loved....basically you're fabulous